Bakuriani, located near Borjomi is another ski resort perfect for families with children. At the elevation of 1,700 meters above the sea level, Bakuriani is surrounded by coniferous forests, making it a beautiful summer and winter resort. The air is freshest here, so it’s beneficial for the health as well.
The resort boasts with long sunshine, approximately 2052 hours a year and long snowy winter that lasts until March. On average, snow cover here reaches 64 cm. The resort also has ski runs for any level skiers, starting from 25 meters for kids, to Didveli and Tatra for professionals and advanced.
- Season: December to April.
- Altitude: 1,700- 2,702 (Didveli)
- Slopes: 45 km – 50% blue slopes, 30% red slopes, 20% black slopes
- Lifts: Didveli 5 (gondola, chairlift, funicular (for panoramic views), and t-bars); Kokhta 5 (chairlift, t-bar); Tatra 1 t-bar, twenty-five 4 t-bars.
- Night Skiing: Friday – Sunday 5p.m -10p.m
- Skipass price per day: Adult 40₾, Youth 25₾, Free for children under 6
- Where to stay: Crystal, Hotel Panorama Bakuriani, My House in Bakuriani, Rooms Hotel Kokhta
- Additional activities: tobogganing, parks for kids, sledges and horse riding