White Water Rafting in Georgia
Photo Source: exploreoutdoor.travel
White water rafting is the best way to have a thrilling river adventure. Great for bonding and team building for groups of up to six people. Georgia’s five rivers have something for everyone. Rafting season starts from the 22nd of April and last until the 15th of October. The highest water levels crest in May and June and are the most challenging times to book. July, August, and September are suggested for those who are new to the sport. The approximate price for rafting sessions is about $32/person.
Mtkvari River Near Borjomi
April & May – Kvabiskhevi, 12 km (7.5 miles)
June – Chitakhevi Dam 8 km (5 miles).
Both routes end in Borjomi.
Mtkvari River Near Vardzia
– Khertvisi – Aspindza, 10 km (6.2 miles). Difficulty: Beginner
– Mirashkhani – Tmogvi Fortress, 8 km (5 miles).
– Vardzia – Pia, 6 km (3.7 miles).
Rioni River in Racha and Lower Svaneti:
– Oni – Ambrolauri, 30 km (18.5 miles). Difficulty: Moderate
– Tvishi Canyon, 8km (5 miles).
For further info contact Explore Outdoor at:
+995 571 047 373 (Rus, Lat, Eng)
+995 557 765 779, +995 597 24 85 85 (Eng, Pol)